Boys Junior Varsity Baseball
Game Summaries & Headlines.
Boys Junior Varsity Baseball vs. Wayland Union HS School
- Game Date
- May 9, 2019
- PIONEERS: 12
WAYLAND UNION HIGH SCHOOL: 5
Norcutt Strong At The Plate As East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV Defeats Wayland Union HS
- Henry Norcutt had a busy day at the plate on Wednesday, smacking four hits in East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV's 12-5 victory over Wayland Union HS. Norcutt singled in the first, singled in the fourth, singled in the sixth, and singled in the seventh.
- East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV earned the victory despite allowing Wayland Union HS to score three runs in the fourth inning. Wayland Union HS offense in the inning was led by #26and #11, all sending runners across the plate with RBIs in the inning.
- East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV fired up the offense in the first inning. Norcutt singled on a 3-1 count, scoring one run.
- East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV put up four runs in the fourth inning. The offensive onslaught came from singles by Brendan Burns, Norcutt, and Grady Gooch and a sac fly by Luke Aardema.
- Thomas Edwards earned the win for East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV. He allowed five hits and four runs over three and a third innings, striking out two. Brennan Smits and Burns entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief. Burns recorded the last three outs to earn the save for East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV.
- #6 took the loss for Wayland Union HS. He went four innings, allowing seven runs on ten hits.
- East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV racked up 17 hits in the game. Norcutt, Smits, Chris Baranoski, and Gooch all managed multiple hits for East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV. Norcuttled East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV with four hits in five at bats. Norcutt led East Grand Rapids Pioneers JV with three stolen bases, as they ran wild on the base paths with 14 stolen bases.
- #5 went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead Wayland Union HS in hits.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2019. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution